Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Phoenix



This was a tattoo design created by me, for me about 2 years ago. We all know the legend of the phoenix, thanks to the many legends of the bird - a bird that dies in flames, and is reborn anew from it's ashes, and is associated with the ideas of birth, rebirth, light, and immortality.

I had a life experience from which I felt the need to be reborn, and this tattoo symbolized for me that idea and goal. Little did I know that on the day I had the tattoo done, my twin neice and nephew would also be born. My meager symbol suddenly had a two-fold meaning and personal significance ;)

4 comments:

Michelle Lana said...

very nice...

pati said...

Awesome! I'd love to have a tatoo like this one :)

studio lolo said...

Beautiful design and story :)

Clau said...

I bet your tattoo looks awsome!
nice illo!